For most people, price is considered to be the deciding factor when they are looking for the Christmas sweaters available in the market. Because of this, rather than buying, they consider making one on their own. If you are the kind of person who is into arts and crafts, why not give it a shot?
The best thing you can do is to find an old sweater you have in the closet. It does not matter whether it is beautiful or ugly; you just need one to get started. Once you find a sweater, simply have it embellished with Christmas-related designs.
- Cut some felt into Christmas shapes like Christmas tree, Snowman, snowflakes, or even your pet shape with Santa hats.
- Add your photos, stuffed animals, or stockings as a center piece.
- Add some beads to make it festive. You can place them all over the sweaters, or just around the collar and cuffs areas.
- Personalized it more! Add text by using yarn, ribbon, or even battery operated string Christmas lights. You can find it in Amazon.com.
- Add shoulder pads.
- Finalized the design, then glue and sew them on.
- To complete the look, wear it with other accessories. Tacky glasses, socks, or hats.
See below pictures for DIY sweater inspirations.